Wednesday, August 1, 2007

What did I just Do?

Have you ever done something and never really though about the consequence until after the fact?

I was doing my devotion today when I came across this verse "There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death." Proverbs 14:12.
How many times have we done something totally dumb, and after the fact we think or say "maybe I shouldn't have done that" , I remember this one time when I was about 7. My mom was inside cleaning, so I decided that I would play "racecar". yes I climbed inside my parents car and totally acted like I was Davey Allison. what happened next? exactly what my mom told me would happen.... I pulled the car out of gear(it was a manual) and I started rolling backwards!(wait it gets better). I was so scared that instead of pushing the breaks, i just jumped out of the car. Some how I jumped under the car and it ran over me.
Long story short, I was lucky and was not hurt bad. But it could have been prevented if I had just listened, to the instructions: "don't do that, your going to get hurt". As I look back on that day I think to my self "what was I doing"!
but isn't that like all of us. there is a way that seems right for the moment, but the rest of the verse is true! In the end it leads to death! too many times we do stuff, even with the greatest intentions, or at least with no bad intentions, maybe it's just for fun, but it all leads to trouble why!? I believe Psalms 119:133 says it best:

"Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me"

too many times we try to tackle life on our own. without asking the Lord for any since of direction! I encourage you to start this next day with this prayer:

"order my steps according to your word; let no sin rule over me". Let the Lord rule this day, and see the difference with the outcome!

have a great day!

Brandon D.

No comments:

Post a Comment