Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Rejected!

When I was reading my bible this morning I came across an old favorite. Proverbs 13:12, "Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life". I remember when I married my wife, we had dated for 6 years! yes thats a long time. we had said from the very beginning that we would be married "as soon as we were out of highschool". I realize that yes it was pure infatuation in the early stages of our relationship, I mean come on we were 15! but over time we realy realized how much we loved each other, and that God had orchestrated everything. So highschool happend, we graduated, and realized that this marriage thing took money! and we didn't have any! so yes "hope was deferred". We knew through much prayer, that it was Gods will for our marriage but for what ever reason, for now our hope of being married was "deferred", and we had to ride the storm untill every thing cleared up, and we could afford to make such a big move.
I'm reminded of a story in scripture when Jesus told his disciples "lets go to the other side of the lake". I would emagine that they were exited to see what Jesus was going to do next, they obeyed and were right in the center of His will! but as soon as they were in the middle of the lake a huge storm happens!

isn't that how life is, we have these huge expectations of how things are going to pan out; Your doing the very best you can, and just when it looks like the thing you've been longing for, hoping for, praying for is about to happen, it gets deferred! A "storm" comes up, LIFE happens! What then? I think there is an answer in Mark 4:38-39. when the storm came the disciples realized that the only one that could help was the Savior. So they, got real spiritual with Him "don't you care if we drown?"

YES He cares! but we have to ask! Jesus "got up, rebuked the wind and sait to the waves, "Quiet! be still! Then the wind died down and it was completely calm."

when hope is deferred, the only answer is the Savior! I say again today:

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28. have a great day!


Brandon D.

No comments:

Post a Comment