Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Please Rain!

So ive started a flower garden this year at my house. I have realized for the first time in my life how fun gardening can be. Yes I said fun. I know that even though my chronicle age is 23, my psycological age is rapidly getting older, I have been told that I remind people of an old man sometimes. Anyway because of this insaine drought we have been experiencing in Alabama, we can only water two days a week. so every Tuesday and Thursday I get to water my yard. I don't think I can explain the feelings inside to see my plants sitting there wilting in the dry soil. So every time I get to water it's meer minutes and my beutiful blooming flowers are whipped back into shape, no longer wilting.
Isn't that like we are some times. To often we find our selves in a "self indused" drought. We get so busy with day to day stuff that we forget to spend time with the "living water", and as a result we begin to "wilt". And yes it is just as visible in us, as it is in my flowers after a few days with out water. And it's heart breaking to see people, who despreatly need "water", refuse it. some times the plants seem much smarter than we are. any time water is given to them, they take it right in, they never refuse the one thing that will give them life!
The Bible says in Matthew 11:28

"come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest, Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."

Titus 2
"So that in every way they will make the teaching about God our Savior attractive",
our lives as Christians should be BEAUTIFUL, and attractive to those who need a Savior! I want to encourage you to Spend time with the Savior, get into his word, this isn't something that we can do with out, we must have Living Water!

Brandon D.

No comments:

Post a Comment