Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Just a thought

So have you ever said to your self, "what are you doing?" Scripture says "for lack of guidance a nation falls, but many advisers make victory sure." (proverbs 11:14) So I have spent a lot of time latley talking to myself; I've realized that people are extrememly prideful, we don't want any one giving us any guidance on anything, espacially our personal lives. We may ask for help, and may even allow someone to share advice with us; but really how often do we listen to it?
Im a preacher, over the past 10 years i've probably spoken well over 1,000 times, give or take. every time it's the same result it seems, every one tells you how good you've done, but it seems that hardly anyone takes what was said and applies it to their lives! I myself have also come to this conclusion: all advice is not good advise, but the good advise could possibly change your life! I feel that there is no need as great is this: that the local church, would wake up from it's sleep, and Christians experiance personal revival. The goal is not just to hear another good sermon, it's not another program, the goal is to see the samaritan woman that no one else want's, come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ! So in talking to my self I think my passion has been renewed, I am now sickend by stuff and programs, and my medicene leading someone to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. just a thought


Brandon D.

No comments:

Post a Comment