Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Faith

so exactly how hard is it to share your faith with others? if asked the question most would say "Jesus is the most important thing im my life", but let's be honest, he isn't. it may be anything, ie. Sports, girl friend, boy friend, music, you name it. I think it's important that we as people (finite) realize that Romans 3:23 is in the bible for a reason. we are sinful people who don't always think about our relationship with the Father first. The sad reality is, if we aren't focused on Christ, how do we expect to share our faith with any effect? I may say Jesus is most important in my life but what I bring up in passing conversation with others really proves what I find important. I love sports, and I know that they are easier to talk about because they are less confrontational than the Gospel, but if I really believe what Christ says, and I really believe that He is coming soon, would'nt one think that I would place a little more importance on sharing this life changing truth with others?

I guess what I'm trying to say is, we as believers need to realize that there is an extreemly lost world that is looking for a light, a city set on a hill that can't be hiddden to be exact, and if we (the city) don't wake up and turn the lights on, they will spend an eternity in hell. I think it's time that the church again realize that it's not an old dusty building, but the living body of Christ. we were designed to live out loud with a purpose, and hope, we are children by adoption of the King of Kings, and the epitome of Love, and compassion. maybe, even though it's tough, we should share the faith that changes the world? what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment