Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Don't Let go of the rope!

So my wife and I spent Saturday at the lake with her family, for Fathers day. Everyone decided that we would take a ride on the boat and attempt to ski. And I reiterate "attempt". the whole ride there I could picture in my mind of how cool I was going to look doing tricks, and impressing the crowd of on lookers in the boat. so we stopped the boat and they asked "who's first?". And of corse I said "I'll go"(remember I couldn't wait to impress everyone). Lets just say my first three attempts at wakebording was not successful! one would say that's pretty good you got up after three attempts.... NO, I quit after three attemps, and my arms are still thanking me for doing so. It would have taken me all day to get up, and quite frankly I was getting demoralized out there. I couldn't get up because I couldn't hold on to the rope EVERY SINGLE TIME!
Scripture says in Jude 20 "But you, dear friends, buid your selves up in your most holy faith and pray in the Holy Spirit. Keep yourselves in God's love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life."
No one ever told me that wakebording would be easy, for what ever reason I had it in my mind that it would be... When I actually experienced it, I found out the truth, Im not going to be a pro any time soon! the same way with our faith! we have to keep at it! No one ever said that it would be easy, and there will be times that it really hurts, but we have a promise from the Savior!" I will never leave you or forsake you"! I think the Doxology of Jude is pretty fitting:

vs. 24-25
"to him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy- to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forever more! Amen."

Don't let go of the rope today; stay focused and He will keep you from falling!

Brandon D.

No comments:

Post a Comment