Sunday, May 10, 2009

Jay Strack says "Leaders are Readers", and I 100 % agree. I've been reading a good bit lately, and with so much out there to read how does one choose what's best? Every one has ambition right? We've all got a dream were dreaming, a vision were seeing, a rock out song we can hear in the distance and what ever stage that band is on, is where we want to be..... right? There are a few leaders out there that I really admire and respect for there work in the kingdom, I get my reading list from them. The way I see it... these guys are focused, driven, leaders. If I want to get where they are I need to do the things they do. Even read the things they read. There is really NOTHING new under the sun. I've really been impacted lately some books that I would have other wise never read. So again "LEADERS ARE READERS"! if you want to get better, find some one who is where you want to go, and read what they read, do what they do, and follow their success.... here is a recent blog by  Craig Groeschel:

"I’ve been reading a lot lately. My most recent reads include:

Killing Cockroaches by Tony Morgan. This is a great leadership book. It reads much like a Seth Godin book.

Mad Church Disease by Anne Jackson. This is a must-read for anyone in ministry.

Ten Dumb Things Smart Christians Believe by Larry Osborne. Larry’s work always challenges me.

True North by Bill George. Bill George is a giant and very down to earth. This book was tremendously helpful to me.

The Orange Code by Arkadi Kuhlmann and Bruce PhilpSteven Furtickmailed this to me as a gift. I’m half way through it. It is very good.

The Life of Elijah by Arthur Pink. I’ll be preaching on Elijah in May. Arthur Pink always has great nuggets. The life of Elijah is ministering to me in a big way.

Tribes by Seth Godin. Seth’s work is always helpful.

Switch by Chip and Dan Heath. This book is not out yet. I’ll be interviewing Chip and Dan at the Willow Leadership Summit. I’ve quoted their work in more leadership conversations with staff than I can count. I liked it as much or more than Made to Stick.

Missional Renaissance by Reggie McNeil. Our leaders are reading this book together.

What are you reading that has been helpful?"


Start reading, and applying the good stuff! it'll change your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment