Thursday, March 26, 2009

So as a good bit of you know, I will be leaving Saturday to head to the Tennessee state line for an "Extreme Bicycle" challenge. My self and 4 others will attempt to bicycle all the way down to the coast in Gulf Shores. The distance is right at 400 miles! As exited as I am to give this a try, I'm also a little worried. I've got a few things stacked against me on this one folks... 1. I don't feel that I'm in the best shape of my life, (though I have been slowly making the climb back to a shape other than round). 2. it's probably the largest physical challenge I have ever faced in my life. 3. I'm not 100% sure that I will be able to accomplish this task. One may ask, why do it then? We are raising money for a Missions organization called the BGMC (boys, and girls Mission Challenge). Every Dime Raised goes to help support the spread of the Gospel all over the world. Statistics say that every dollar given represents a life changed for Christ! It will be hard, it will challenge my will to go on, and my ability to fight through the pain to accomplish a goal.
Maybe that's you.... you maybe facing the largest Spiritual challenge that you have ever had to face; maybe you don't think your in the best spiritual condition that you need to be in to overcome this issue. I can assure you that you will not face anything in life that He can not bring you through. take heart, cast your cares upon Him for He cares for you, and find encouragement in His word : 
"13No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it." 1 Corinthians 10:13

Life gets hard. But Praise His Name nothings too big for Him! have a great week, pray the trip is safe, and accomplished. 

1 comment:

  1. I have complete faith in you to do this difficult task that God has assigned you. Imagine Jesus on the handle bars all the way. He will guide you through situations that may be dangerous, give you strength when you are spent, and the courage to continue. He is God of Protection and your mighty shield! Rest assured, He will bless your judgment and reflexes, help you stay alert and focused. He shall grant you supernatural skills for you to do your best and will show glimpses of His presence throughout each day.

    ReplyDelete